Perry Moyses – Owner of Third Party Audio and Recording Engineer at The Shack
Here’s a quick history lesson …
I’ve been playing drums for almost 40 years, and began as a 14 year old playing 3 nights a week throughout the South West at weddings, cabarets and hotel beer gardens. This followed by several incarnations of rock and roll craziness until my late teens with Nite Beat and Knight.
Knight – 1982 – Coppers – Collie, WA
In 1991 I left the South West and moved to Kalgoorlie where I began developing my skills as a sound engineer for a local band and PA hire company … plus a few drumming gigs with local bands
In 1985 I built my first serious PA system and was rolling around the South West mixing sound for a variety of local and Perth based bands. Early in 1986, I was picked up by Who’s Who as their sound engineer, and successfully worked with live sound and studio demos over the next couple of years. In 1988, I left the desk and moved back behind the kit to Join Who’s Who in the studio for their debut album – Summer Sky.
Who’s Who played supports for many Australian touring bands such as Icehouse, Skyhooks, Dragon, Rockmelons, Party Boys and Mondo Rock from 1986 through until 1991. We were a very successful live act playing original and classic rock covers at The Burley, The Bussell Motor Hotel, The Raffles and long stint at Alligators Night Club in Perth.
Who’s Who – 1988 – Warwick Hotel – Perth, WA
As time progressed, I developed as both a drummer and sound engineer for live gigs and home studio recording in Queensland for a couple of country rock bands. In the late 90’s, whilst living overseas, I began recording with Cakewalk as my DAW, and incorporating MIDI programming into my songs.
Home Studio – 2001 – Maracaibo, Venezuela
Back in Western Australia in 2005, I re-established a high quality live PA which has developed into a great sounding JBL system with Presonus Studio Live digital console, and a heap of high quality microphones. The system has the capacity for approx. 500 people, with both stage and FOH mix options.
And here we are. My time is now focused on developing Third Party Audio and The Shack studio.
The Shack – 2014 – Acoustic Jam – Dunsborough, WA
The Shack – 2014 – Control Room – Dunsborough, WA
Bandology and Historyonics
- 2013 – present Third Party Audio and The Shack studio (Dunsborough, WA) audio engineer
- 2009 – 2012 The Times, Top Shelf, Joe Zappia Band (WA) sound engineer
- 2007 – 2008 Third Party (Dunsborough, WA) drums
- 1996 – 2006 Various home studio projects (Canada, Venezuela, QLD and WA)
- 1994 – 1996 Cowboys Incorporated (Queensland) sound engineer
- 1991 – 1992 Keith Jamieson’s Country Revival (Queensland) drums
- 1988 – 1991 Who’s Who (Bunbury/Perth, WA) drums
- 1985 – 1988 Who’s Who (Bunbury/Perth, WA) sound engineer
- 1983 – 1985 Live Export (Kalgoorlie, WA) drums
- 1983 – 1985 Straight Edge (Kalgoorlie, WA) sound engineer
- 1981 – 1982 Knight (Collie, WA) drums
- 1979 – 1981 Nite Beat (Collie, WA) drums
- 1977 – 1979 Blue Satin (Collie, WA) drums