The studio is affectionately known as The Shack, and has a great vibe for releasing the inner beast and recording great tracks. It sits within an old house in the center of Dunsborough, which is located in the heart of the south west’s premier Margaret River wine region. Just a 2 minute stroll to the north has you on the shores of the pristine Geographe Bay beach and a 2 minute stroll to the west has you in the center of Dunsborough.
We have a control room fitted out with a Presonus Studio Live 16.4.2 AI console, Apple MacBook pro and various monitoring options. Although we utilize Presonus and Rode as the cornerstone of our recording equipment we do not represent these companies or sell any of their products. The gear is great, and allows us to maintain a top quality studio at affordable rates.
Perry and Rick Naqvi (Presonus VP Sales) Baton Rouge Sept 2014
- Interface – Presonus 16.4.2 AI digital console, Presonus AudioBox 44VSL
- DAW – Studio One 2 Professional
- Computer Macbook Pro 2GHz Intel Core i7
- Monitors – Presonus Sceptre S8, Behringer Truth 3030, Sennheiser HD650, KRK 8400
- Mics – Rode K2, Rode NT1, Rode NT5 matched pair, Shure SM57/SM58, Audix D6
- Drumkit – Brady 5 piece fiber shells, 14″ block jarrah snare, Paiste and Zildjian cymbals
- Drumkit – Gretsch Club Classic 4 piece mahogany shells, Paiste 2002 cymbals
- Electronic – Roland TD7 with TD12 module
- Percussion – Pratley cajon
- Guitar – Yamaha acoustic
Note the old school recording equipment which I have owned since 1980. Although it doesn’t get used anymore I just thought it looked great in the control room.
The tracking room has a drum booth corner, live area and a vocal booth fitted out with a variety of microphones including Rode, Shure, Audix and others.
The breakout room has a couch, TV, coffee, fridge and access to the studio monitors to chill out and relax in between takes.
Please have a listen to some of our recent demos, and drop me a line via the blog or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Said the People rockin’ it out at The Shack – July 2014